ILS collects the following information when you register to attend a course:
- First name and surname
- ID number
- Email Address
- Job title
- Details of membership with a body of professionals
- Financial details in order to process payment for your course registration.
Why do we collect this data?
- To process registration fees
- To provide you with a certificate of attendance
- For internal record keeping
- To send you emails about upcoming lectures, sessions, courses, seminars, conferences, and other activities organised by ILS. When ILS administers an event for third parties, and you apply to attend this event, your personal details may be shared with such third parties. In such cases, ILS will enter into a processor agreement with such third parties regarding personal data to ensure compliance with applicable law
- For statistical purposes: information regarding the courses we organise and the number of persons who attend is forwarded to various bodies. In this case, no personal information is forwarded in any manner.
When you access ILS pages on Facebook and LinkedIn, please note that these sites will possibly collect information about you. Review the data protection or privacy policies of these sites to understand how they use your personal data.
Who has access to your data?
ILS employees, together with a team of individuals employed with Ganado Services Limited that provide IT and administration support to ILS and with whom ILS have a non-disclosure agreement, process your data limitedly for the above mentioned purposes.
We may also need to share your personal data with any lecturers who may be providing the course you wish to attend. This allows us to provide the best possible service to you and ensure that any lectures which you attend are catered as much as possible to your needs. We ensure that any personal data is processed in accordance with strict confidentiality and applicable law.
We have procedures to ensure that the information we collect is secure so as to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure. We will not transfer your personal information to any person unless we have your permission or are required by law or administrative procedures to do so. For example, if you are a member of a body of professionals attending one of our courses accredited with a number of CPE hours, we have to forward your personal details to the body of professionals in order to record the CPE hours.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org so as to:
- obtain information about the personal data we have in your regard
- amend your personal data
- withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data
We will store your personal data until your consent is explicitly withdrawn in writing. Simply send us an email on email@example.com and we will remove your details from our database. Please keep in mind that by doing so you will no longer receive emails about upcoming courses from ILS. In such cases, we will only retain information which is necessary to protect our legitimate interests, comply with our obligations at law, resolve disputes or enforce any agreement which you may have entered with us.
This policy may be updated from time to time. Please visit this page for any future updates.