Overview of GDPR
- GDPR Matters during recruitment/interview stage and initial stages of employment.
This part of the lecture will focus on:
– What to do with personal data of job applicants who are not employed by the company;
– The provisions of the contract of employment relating to data protection, where the applicant is employed;
– The documents collected by the employer prior to employment and whether they are strictly necessary.
- GDPR Matters during Employment Phase
This part of the lecture will focus on matters relating to the Employer’s professional relationship with the employee. Topics to be covered include:
– Monitoring of employee communications;
– Sending of privacy notices;
– Obtaining valid consent from employees where required.
- GDPR Matters during After Termination
This final part of the lecture will delve into the Employer’s rights and obligations following termination of employment. Topics to be covered will principally relate to the retention of employee personal data.
Who should attend?
HR Directors and Managers.
Venue, Date and Time
ILS Tuition Centre, 19/12 Vincenti Buildings, Strait Street, Valletta VLT1432
Wednesday 21st March, 2018 (THIS SESSION IS NOW SOLD OUT)
1530 – 1730hrs including a coffee break
€30 per person; €15 for 2nd person from same Company;
Cheques payable to Institute of Legal Studies Malta.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
If you are interested kindly use our online registration form.
Dr Lara Pace is an Associate within GANADO Advocates’ Employment team, regularly assisting clients on legal and regulatory matters relating to drafting of employment contracts and other legal documentation as well as on issues relating to termination of employment, dismissals, redundancies, discrimination, industrial disputes and litigation connected to such matters. Lara also advises clients on general corporate and company law matters as well as environmental law issues.
Dr Philip Mifsud is an Associate within GANADO Advocates’ Corporate Department, who regularly assists clients in all corporate matters including advice on governance matters, assistance with financing, M&A transactions, voluntary dissolutions and various other transactional projects. Philip also works in the IP, TMT & Data Protection practice area and regularly gives advice on matters such as registration of trademarks, copyright law, review of franchising agreements, drafting and review of software licences.