ILS in collaboration with MITC
This is a training programme aimed at FEMA Students, Junior College Students, Insurers, Lawyers and Auditors and other practitioners directly or indirectly involved in Affiliated Insurance Companies.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants who attend the course.
Venue, Dates and Time
Malta International Training Centre,
TG Complex, Suite 3 Level 1, Brewery Street, Mriehel BKR3000
5th, 12th, 16th & 26th November; 3rd December, 2015
1730 – 1930hrs including a coffee break
€360per participants; Student fee €150; cheques are payable to Malta International Training Centre
If you are interested kindly use our online registration form.
Module 1 – Thursday 5th November, 2015
An Overview of Managed, Affiliated Insurance Companies and Protected Cell Companies
– Definition of a Captive and PCC
– History of Captives and PCC
– Why do Companies set up Captives? And PCC ?
– What do Companies look for when Setting up a Captive and PCC?
Speaker: Dr. Matthew Bianchi, GANADO Advocates
Module 2 – Thursday 12th November, 2015
The Stakeholders and their respective Roles
– Board of Directors and Committees
– The Regulators
– Other Service Providers:
* Tax advisors
* Claims Handlers
* Other industries
* Investment/Asset Managers
Speaker: Dr. Elaine Magri, GANADO Advocates
Module 3 – Monday 16th November, 2015
Related Legal Issues
– Freedom of Services and Establishment, Redomiciliation, Continuation of Captives and Corporate Governance
– Prevention of Money Laundering and MLRO
Speaker: Ms. Tanya Causon, GANADO Advocates
Module 4 – Thursday 26th November, 2015
The Licensing Process
– Affiliated Insurance Companies
Speaker: Ms Romina Bonnici, MFSA
Module 5 – Thursday 3rd December, 2015
Finance and Reporting
Speaker: Mr. Justin Borg, EY Malta