This session is a unique opportunity for all notaries to familiarise themselves with the Testamentary Trust. It will focus on the following topics:
1. Choosing the best strategy: trusts inter vivos vs. testamentary trusts
2. Bequeathing assets to a trust: nominating a Trustee as a universal heir or legatee
3. How is a beneficiary different to an heir or legatee?
4. Avoiding possible pitfalls
5. Drafting options: the use of schedules in wills
6. The Preservation and Accessibility of the Testamentary Trust
7. The Acceptance of testamentary dispositions by the Trustee
8. Complying with Anti-Money Laundering obligations
9. Notaries acting as Qualified Persons
10. The Depositary Notary
Lecturer : Dr. Max Ganado; Managing Partner, GANADO Advocates
A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants who attend the session.
Venue, Date & Time
ILS Tuition Centre, 19/12 Vincenti Buildings, Strait Street, Valletta VLT1432
Friday 4th July, 2014; 1300 – 1600hrs including two coffee breaks (Fully Booked)
Wednesday 9th July, 2014; 1300 – 1600hrs
€30 (subsidised preferential rate for Notaries); cheques payable to Kunsill Nutarili ta’ Malta and sent to Institute
If you are interested kindly use our online registration form.