The course will focus on the regulatory and legal changes that insurance intermediaries and insurance companies in Malta will become subject to once IMD II comes into force. It will also highlight the implications that the proposed IMD II will have on Maltese legislation and regulations and on MFSA rules.
Who should attend?
The course will be of particular interest to insurance brokers and agents, insurance company directors and managers, insurance compliance officers and MLROs, insurance sales staff and insurance consultants.
Certificates of attendance will be issued to all participants who attend both lectures.
Institute of Legal Studies Tuition Centre, 19/12 Vincenti Buildings, Strait Street, Valletta VLT1432
Dates and Time
10th & 17th June, 2013
1600 – 1800hrs including coffee break
€100; cheques payable to Institute of Legal Studies Malta
To apply kindly use our online registration form.
The course will focus on the following aspects of IMD II:
- The extended scope of IMD II;
- New professional and organisational requirements to be introduced, including the new disclosure rules;
- New information requirements and conduct of business rules;
- New cross-selling provisions;
- The updated provisions concerning bundling, tying and applicable sanctions;
- The mandatory procedures for out-of-court settlement of disputes involving customers;
- The proposed amendments concerning insurance investment products;
- The impact of the changes on Maltese insurance intermediaries & on Maltese insurance companies.
Lecturer : Dr. Ylenia Grech