The aim of this Course is to delve into the examination of title of immovable property by scrutinising the theoretical and the practical aspects of the name-based and the map-based systems of registration.
Certificates of attendance will be issued to all participants who attend the indicated sessions.
Venue, Dates and Time
Institute of Legal Studies Tuition Centre, 19/12 Vincenti Buildings, Strait Street, Valletta VLT1432
1230 – 1430 hrs including a coffee break
Regular Fee €120; Student Fee €60; cheques payable to Institute of Legal Studies Malta
To apply kindly use our online registration form.
Lecturer : Not. Dr. Dorianne Arapa
– The Public Registry: a Name-Based System
– The Effects of Notarial Acts
– The Registration of Notarial Acts
– Hypothecs, Privileges and their Registration
– References and their Registration
Session 4 & Session 5
– The Land Registry: a Map-Based System
– Registration of Title, Changes and other Rights
– Overriding Interests
– Comparing and Contrasting the two Systems of Registration
– Other Considerations
– Case Study