To delve into examination of title to immovable property by scrutinising the theoretical and the practical aspects of the name-based and the map-based systems of registration.
Certificates of attendance will be issued to all participants indicating the attended sessions.
Venue, Dates and Time
Institute of Legal Studies Tuition Centre, 11/12 Vincenti Buildings, Strait Street, Valletta VLT1432
28th March and 4th, 11th, 13th, 18th & 25th April 2012
1130 – 1330 hrs including coffee break
Student Fee € 50, smart card refundable upon presentation of VAT receipt to KSU Office
Fees are inclusive of VAT; Cheques are payable to Ganado Services Ltd
To apply kindly use our online registration form.
Lecturer : Not. Dr. Dorianne Arapa
– The Public Registry: a Name-Based System
– The Effects of Notarial Acts
– The Registration of Notarial Acts
– Hypothecs, Privileges and their Registration
– References and their Registration
– The Land Registry: a Map-Based System
– Registration of Title, Changes and other Rights
– Overriding Interests
– Comparing and Contrasting the two Systems of Registration
– Other Considerations
– Case Study